WinFuture-Forum.de: Microsoft Bringt Virtual Earth - WinFuture-Forum.de

Zum Inhalt wechseln

Beiträge in diesem Forum erhöhen euren Beitragszähler nicht.
Seite 1 von 1

Microsoft Bringt Virtual Earth ..vorerst nur Amerikanische Karten

#1 Mitglied ist offline   Stan 

• Gruppe: aktive Mitglieder
  • Beigetreten: 06. Juni 04

geschrieben 24. Juli 2005 - 08:06

Microsoft have launched MSN Virtual Earth: http://www.virtualearth.com

http://blog.mspiteri...Item.aspx?ID=59

MSN have just launched the Beta version of MSN Virtual Earth; Microsoft’s answer to Google Maps. After playing around with it for a couple of minutes it is clear that MSN Virtual Earth is more refined then Google Maps. As I have previously written in an earlier blog post Google’s UI lacks the final touches and refinements that make an application great.

MSN Virtual Earth boasts a great interface. As yet not all locations offer colour aerial views, but in my opinion the ones that do provide a much more detailed image then the corresponding images on Google Maps: White House on MSN Virtual Earth and White House on Google Maps.

In addition MSN Virtual Earth also provides a better search utility. For instance searching for White House or Microsoft will immediately provide you with the most likely relevant results - the White House Building and the Microsoft Campus respectively. What I also like is the ‘Windows application feel’ that MSN Virtual Earth has. Using MSN Virtual Earth is more like using a smart-client application then a web application - the general UI provides a great user experience.

nother cool feature is the dynamic search results which are automatically updated as you scroll around the map. For instance a search for restaurants will initially locate the restaurants to be found within your current map area. However upon scrolling to a different location the results are updated to pin-point the restaurants within the new area.

For now I will let you judge which is best, but I know where my vote is going!!

Quelle: Neowin Forum

Anzeige

#2 Mitglied ist offline   swissboy 

• Gruppe: aktive Mitglieder
  • Beigetreten: 29. Dezember 04

geschrieben 24. Juli 2005 - 11:47

Diese News hätte auch gut als Ergänzung dieses existierenden Threads gepasst:
Virtual Earth 3d (beta)

Dieser Beitrag wurde von swissboy bearbeitet: 24. Juli 2005 - 11:51

#3 Mitglied ist offline   UserXYZ 

• Gruppe: Verbannt
  • Beigetreten: 07. August 02