WinFuture-Forum.de: Handwriting Recognition Failure On Tablet Pc - WinFuture-Forum.de

Zum Inhalt wechseln

Nachrichten zum Thema: Windows XP
Seite 1 von 1

Handwriting Recognition Failure On Tablet Pc Keine Handschrifterkennung in xp tablet pc

#1 Mitglied ist offline   ghenry 

• Gruppe: Mitglieder
  • Beigetreten: 15. November 05

geschrieben 13. Mai 2006 - 17:09

Hab den Beitrag auch in einem englischen Forum veröffentlicht; ich hoffe, er ist auch hier verständlich:

Handwriting recognition worked just fine until I connected the tablet pc to its docking station for the first time - after which Windows crashed. After a few very slow or failed startups Windows was back again, but in the English (instead of the German) version, and with all values reset to their virginal state. In addition, three new users had been created, numbered (user).TABLET.001, (user).TABLET.002 and (user).TABLET.003, although on the log-in screen at system start only 'user' is offered.

In the 'documents and settings' folder the original 'user' (i.e. me) was still present (beside the newly created ...00x users).

I copied all folders from the 'user' directory to ....003 and managed to delete users ...001 and ...002.

Network and Internet had to be re-established and are now working, but handwriting recognition is completely lost; and the corresponding extended text service options in Regional and Language Settings are not available at all.

Strangely enough, the 'find' command in Windows Journal finds hand-written
occurrences of words with the search expression entered in print letters, so
the recognition feature is at least partly working...

Re-installing SP2 did not help.

Any ideas?

GHenry

Anzeige

Thema verteilen:

Seite 1 von 1

1 Besucher lesen dieses Thema
Mitglieder: 0, Gäste: 1, unsichtbare Mitglieder: 0