WinFuture-Forum.de: Why Isn't "workgroup" Optional? - WinFuture-Forum.de

Zum Inhalt wechseln

More Information: WinFuture xp-Iso-Builder
Seite 1 von 1

Why Isn't "workgroup" Optional? "User data" tab in step 3 if full unattended installation is c

#1 Mitglied ist offline   Deof Movestofca 

• Gruppe: Mitglieder
  • Beigetreten: 24. Dezember 07

geschrieben 31. Juli 2008 - 04:58

Maybe it's just my memory that's a bit faulty, but I thought that naming a workgroup was only necessary if one was planning on using the computer as part of one.

Anzeige

#2 Mitglied ist offline   Fernando 

• Gruppe: aktive Mitglieder
  • Beigetreten: 27. März 05

geschrieben 31. Juli 2008 - 07:07

Windows XP Setup obviously needs a name for the "WORKGROUP" from all users. That is why you automaticly become a "Client of Microsoft Network" after the installation of any Network adapter (right click onto them > "Properties").

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Fernando bearbeitet: 31. Juli 2008 - 07:08

Mein aktuelles System:
MB: ASRock Z97 Extreme6 (BIOS: 2.30)
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690
RAM: 4x4 GB G.Skill RipjawsZ DDR3-1600
System-LW: 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Daten-LW: 2 TB Western-Digital Green HDD
Grafik: Intel HD4600

#3 Mitglied ist offline   Deof Movestofca 

geschrieben 01. August 2008 - 12:21

Beitrag anzeigenZitat (Fernando: 30.07.2008, 23:07)

Windows XP Setup obviously needs a name for the "WORKGROUP" from all users. That is why you automaticly become a "Client of Microsoft Network" after the installation of any Network adapter (right click onto them > "Properties").
Except I'm using Windows 2000, which I believe is different (although it's entirely possible I could be wrong).

#4 Mitglied ist offline   Stefan_der_held 

• Gruppe: Offizieller Support
  • Beigetreten: 08. April 06
  • Interessen:Alles wo irgendwie Strom durchfließt fasziniert mich einfach weswegen ich halt Elektroinstallateur geworden bin :)

geschrieben 01. August 2008 - 16:00

Beitrag anzeigenZitat (Deof Movestofca: 01.08.2008, 13:21)

Except I'm using Windows 2000, which I believe is different (although it's entirely possible I could be wrong).

being in a workgroup OR domain is an explicit part of the microsoft network-technology. But you can only join a domain after the installation. the reason is that the domaincontroler need the "SID" of yor system. This ID will be generated after the complete installation of windows and is unique.

sorry about my bad english gramatic :)

#5 Mitglied ist offline   Deof Movestofca 

geschrieben 01. August 2008 - 22:41

Beitrag anzeigenZitat (Stefan_der_held: 01.08.2008, 08:00)

being in a workgroup OR domain is an explicit part of the microsoft network-technology. But you can only join a domain after the installation. the reason is that the domaincontroler need the "SID" of yor system. This ID will be generated after the complete installation of windows and is unique.
Sorry for the confusion, but I seem to remember from the last time installed W2K that set-up gave the option of naming a workgroup that the computer was going to be part of or not joining one at all.

Beitrag anzeigenZitat (Stefan_der_held: 01.08.2008, 08:00)

sorry about my bad english gramatic :imao:
That's ok. Better to be helped by someone who doesn't speak English very well than not to be helped at all. Besides, you appear to know a lot more English than I do German, so I'm not really in a position to complain.

Thema verteilen:

Seite 1 von 1

1 Besucher lesen dieses Thema
Mitglieder: 0, Gäste: 1, unsichtbare Mitglieder: 0