WinFuture-Forum.de: Integration Of The Intel Sata And Raid Drivers - WinFuture-Forum.de

Zum Inhalt wechseln

More Information: WinFuture xp-Iso-Builder
  • 2 Seiten +

Integration Of The Intel Sata And Raid Drivers Guide and help for XP and W2k3 (32/64bit)

#1 Mitglied ist offline   Fernando 

• Gruppe: aktive Mitglieder
  • Beigetreten: 27. März 05

geschrieben 27. Oktober 2007 - 21:08

@ all owners of a computer with an Intel SATA AHCI or Raid system:

Many users with such system have problems, when they try to install Windows XP (32/64 bit) or Windows Server 2003 (32/64 bit), because the Setup of these Operating Systems will not automaticly detect the hdd's, which are connected to the Intel S-ATA ports of the mainboard. This happens, if the SATA Controllers are set to "AHCI" or "RAID" Mode within the BIOS (some systems do not show these BIOS settings).
Furthermore the traditional F6/floppy method often fails due to bad floppy media or due to the lack of a floppy drive.

The easiest and safest solution is the integration of the Intel Controller drivers into a bootable 32/64bit XP or W2k3 CD by using a tool like XP-ISO-Builder (XIB). You can download the latest version of the tool from >this< web site.

Here is a short guide how to do it:

How to integrate the
Intel SATA RAID or SATA AHCI drivers

into a bootable Windows XP (32/64 bit)
or Windows Server 2003 (32/64 bit) CD

by using the XP-ISO-Builder (XIB)

(last updated: 12/19/2010)

• What you need for the later integration are the extracted necessary Intel S-ATA Controller drivers, which are within the package named "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology" (RST). You can get it >here<, but you shouldn't download the original RST package from there (see below).
    The actual Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) version 10.1.0.1008 dated 11/05/2010 is supporting the Intel S-ATA AHCI and S-ATA RAID Controllers for the Intel desktop and mobile chipsets ICH7-10 (with added "R" or "M") and 5 series.
    Since the package is big and not easy to extract, I recommend to download one of the 2 small driver packages, which are already prepared for integration purposes:
    • If you want to install the 32bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, you should download the actual 32bit Intel Controller driver package from >here< and unzip it.
    • Users, who are going to install a 64bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, can download the suitable 64bit Intel Controller package from >here< and unzip it.

• Copy the content of the clean source CD (XP, XP x64, W2k3 or W2k3 x64) onto your hdd and let the tool XP-Iso-Builder do its work.
  • When you come to Menue 6 named "Controller Drivers", hit the "Add" button and point to the content of the driver package you have downloaded and extracted at first step. Click onto the shown TXTSETUP.OEM file.
  • You will get the following popup window with a big variety of different Intel Controllers:
    Angehängtes Bild: Intel_Controllers_Popup_List.jpg
    At this point you have to decide, which Intel Controller(s) you want to get installed. Have a look into your mainboard manual to find the exact name of your S-ATA Controller and search for it within the list.
    Enable the Intel SATA Controller(s), which is/are suitable for your mainboard BIOS settings regarding the Intel S-ATA ports (SATA RAID or SATA AHCI), your mainboard chipset (ICH7, ICH8, ICH9, ICH10 or 5 series) and your system ("Desktop"=PC, "Mobile"=Laptop). You can enable more than 1 Controller.
    Tips:
    a) Users with an Intel RAID system should enable the SATA RAID Controller, which is suitable for their Intel chipset.
    b) Users with a non-Raid Intel S-ATA system should only enable the suitable SATA AHCI Controller and none of the listed SATA RAID Controllers.
    c) If you are not sure, which of the listed Controllers are the suitable one(s) for your chipset, enable all of them (that will work too!).
  • When you come to Step 7 (Integration of of Device Drivers) of the XIB tool, you can - if you want - additionally integrate the actual Intel Chipset Drivers ("INF Update Utility"). A small package already prepared for the integration can be downloaded from >here<. Just unzip it and point at any of the INF files (doesn't matter which one).
  • Use the other options of the XIB, if you want.
  • Let the XIB create the ISO file
  • Burn the ISO file as bootable CD (with NERO Burning ROM: hit "Recorder" > "Burn Image..." > point to the just created ISO file).
  • Have fun!

Additional advices for the later OS installation:
  • Don't hit F6 and don't insert any driver floppy during the installation using the CD with integrated Intel Controller drivers. Otherwise Windows Setup won't find the drivers at all!
  • Don't try to install the OS by booting of a CD/DVD drive, which is connected to an Intel S-ATA port. Optical drives will not wotk properly in AHCI or RAID mode.
    Solution: Connect your optical drive to a JMicron S-ATA Controller, which runs in IDE mode.

Tip for Intel RAID users:
Once your OS is up, you will have full access to all partitions and files of your Intel RAID array, but you will not be able to run the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Console from within the OS unless you have installed the complete Intel RST package v10.1.0.1008 you can get >here<.

Good luck!
Fernando

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Fernando bearbeitet: 19. Dezember 2010 - 22:58

Mein aktuelles System:
MB: ASRock Z97 Extreme6 (BIOS: 2.30)
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690
RAM: 4x4 GB G.Skill RipjawsZ DDR3-1600
System-LW: 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Daten-LW: 2 TB Western-Digital Green HDD
Grafik: Intel HD4600

Anzeige

#2 Mitglied ist offline   Fernando 

geschrieben 02. Juli 2008 - 14:14

@ all users of my short guide:

Since Intel recently has released new S-ATA/RAID textmode drivers v8.2.0.1001, which are supporting all ICH7/8/9/10 Controllers, I have updated my guide. If you use the download links to the already prepared Controller drivers, you will get the actual ones.

Good luck with the integration of the Intel textmode drivers!
Fernando

Mein aktuelles System:

#3 Mitglied ist offline   Fernando 

geschrieben 27. Juli 2008 - 12:14

@ all users of my short guide:

Since Intel recently (06/26/2008) has released a new version 8.2.3.1001 of their Matrix Storage Manager driver package, I have updated my guide again.

Changelog:
  • new download links to the already prepared actual textmode drivers
  • new picture of the XIB popup window with the list of all available Intel S-ATA Controllers

If you have any further question or if you need help, please post into this thread.

Good luck!
Fernando

Mein aktuelles System:

#4 Mitglied ist offline   Fernando 

geschrieben 10. August 2008 - 18:46

Since we got a new official and WHQL signed version of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager v8.5.0.1032 dated 08/10/2008, I have updated my guide again.

Have fun!
Fernando
Mein aktuelles System:

#5 Mitglied ist offline   Fernando 

geschrieben 23. Oktober 2008 - 20:11

Since Intel has released a new version 8.6.0.1007 of their Matrix Storage Manager, I have updated my guide (first post) again.

Have fun!
Fernando
Mein aktuelles System:

#6 Mitglied ist offline   dzenko 

• Gruppe: Mitglieder
  • Beigetreten: 27. Oktober 08

geschrieben 29. Oktober 2008 - 10:44

for users who are trying to integrate sata driver for Medion Akoya laptop (mine is 96630), here are some useful tips (in addition to the guide found above):

-the drivers provided by the Medion company on the support disc and those found on their support pages are outdated and i couldn't get it to work. the driver you should integrate is in the driver pack found on top of this page, in the first post by Fernando (section 1.a - in my case i needed the 32bit version). right after the download link there are instructions on how to integrate it (note: this laptop has AHCI drivers, so check all of them and leave all RAID drivers' boxes unchecked).

-when making a bootable cd, simply go to nero (mine is version 8), choose CD-ROM(ISO), and make sure in 2nd tab "no multisession" is checked, in the last tab "finalize disc" is checked, and that writing speed is not higher than 10. than click "new" and add WIN.ISO image created by XIB, and click "yes" in the popup window. now burn it!

hint: in the XIB, in the 5th step you'll find many useful settings that can be implied to your windows as default and you don't have to deal with it later whe the windows is already installed (for example, you can get rid of "shortcut to" prefix on desktop and stuff like that).

these are the things that i had some troube with, but in general, this guide is (at least for me) the easiest way of creating a bootable windows cd with sata drivers integrated.

#7 Mitglied ist offline   Fernando 

geschrieben 29. Oktober 2008 - 19:49

@ dzenko:

Welcome at WinFuture Forum!

Thanks for your report. This may help other users, who have an Akoya laptop and want to replace the preinstalled Vista by Windows XP.
Because of your problem to create a bootable CD I have added an easy and safe way to my guide.

Best wishes!
Fernando
Mein aktuelles System:

#8 Mitglied ist offline   Fernando 

geschrieben 11. Januar 2009 - 00:14

@ all users with an Intel chipset mainboard/laptop:

Intel has released a new version 8.7.0.1007 dated 01/05/2009 of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager and the included Intel AHCI and RAID drivers.
That is why I just have updated my guide (first post). So you can integrate and use the newest Intel textmode drivers v8.7.0.1007 from scratch, if you follow my updated links.

Have fun!
Fernando

Mein aktuelles System:

#9 Mitglied ist offline   Fernando 

geschrieben 29. März 2009 - 11:38

@ all users with an Inte SATA AHCI or RAID configuration:

Since Intel has released a new version 8.8.0.1009 dated 03/13/2009 of its Matrix Storage Manager, I have updated my short guide again.
Within the first post of this thread you will find download links to the brandnew Intel textmode drivers and the complete new Intel Matrix Storage Manager application package v8.8.0.1009.

Have fun!
Fernando

Mein aktuelles System:

#10 Mitglied ist offline   Fernando 

geschrieben 26. Juni 2009 - 13:29

@ all users with an Intel SATA AHCI or RAID configuration:

Today (06/26/2009) I have updated my short guide again.

Changelog:
  • new Intel Matrix Storage Manager v8.9.0.1023 dated 06.22.2009
  • new 32/64bit Intel AHCI/RAID Controller drivers v8.9.0.1023 WHQL dated 06.04.2009
  • new Intel Chipset Drivers ("INF Update Utility") v9.1.1.1014 dated 06.16.2009

Have fun!
Fernando

Mein aktuelles System:

#11 Mitglied ist offline   Roseladay123 

• Beigetreten: 22. August 09

geschrieben 22. August 2009 - 05:00

I came across this forum by chance and discovered this is one of the best thread ever. Thanks u guys so much for the information you give. So cool.

simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France - Credit immobilier de France, simulation credit immobilier. Résultat mitigé pour le crédit immobilier de France.simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France

#12 Mitglied ist offline   Krissekrasse 

• Beigetreten: 27. Dezember 09

geschrieben 27. Dezember 2009 - 18:31

Hello!

Just want to give you my very best and deepest THANK YOU for a perfect guide on how to safe my PC (and me!).

Slipstreaming a PC with drivers (that you provided as well!!) was never this easy!

Tried two pc-repair companies, who both gave up, before I decided to give it a try for myself (again!) - surfing the web, and your guide came up!

Thank you very much for a fantastic job!

Sending you all season greetings!

Christian

#13 Mitglied ist offline   Fernando 

geschrieben 18. Januar 2010 - 19:28

@ all users of my guide (= start post of this thread):

Since Intel recently has published new Intel AHCI and RAID drivers v9.5.0.1037, which belong to a new generation of storage management named "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology" (RST), I have updated my guide again.

As always the users can download the actual Intel textmode drivers, which are already prepared for the integration into a Windows XP or W2k3 CD by using a tool like the XP-ISO-Builder.

Have fun!
Fernando

Mein aktuelles System:

#14 Mitglied ist offline   Fernando 

geschrieben 21. März 2010 - 21:57

@ all users of my guide:

Due to the fact, that Intel has published new RST textmode drivers v9.6.0.1014 dated 03/03/2010, I have updated my guide again.

Here is the actual changelog:
  • new: Intel RST drivers v9.6.0.1014 WHQL dated 03/03/2010
  • new: Intel RST package v9.6.0.1014 WHQL dated 03/19/2010
  • new: Intel chipset "drivers" (INF Update Utility") v9.1.1.1027 dated 02/26/2010

Good luck with the integration of the new drivers!

Regards
Fernando

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Fernando bearbeitet: 07. November 2010 - 12:04

Mein aktuelles System:

#15 _bobmorton_

• Gruppe: Gäste

geschrieben 05. November 2010 - 23:18

Thank you for this. I am a new user of Intel AHCI and thanks to your guide that helps me to learn more and set up it easily.

--------------------
Bob Morton
numerology readings book reader

Dieser Beitrag wurde von bobmorton bearbeitet: 10. November 2010 - 01:57

Thema verteilen:

• 2 Seiten +

1 Besucher lesen dieses Thema
Mitglieder: 0, Gäste: 1, unsichtbare Mitglieder: 0