Das erste mal das ich von einem SP für ein Spiel höre...
Finally, we have shipped!
It's been solid work since Nov from the Graphics and Terrain team on SP1 performance.
Here is a work-list on performance so you can understand what we did:
General Performance Work
1. performed more work on the LOD system,
2. optimized the UI rendering to reduce overhead when the UI is visible,
3. front-end texture loader no longer loads loads full mips when it doesnâ€™t need to
4. removed redundant elevation queries when scenery complexity is low
5. avoid rasterizing water into the DEM for textures that are all land
6. fixed redundant vertex issue with key Autogen BGLs
7. updated XToMdl tool to leverage same vertex issue, resulting in model vertex reduction on the order of 25-40% for 3rd party developers.
D3D Performance Work
8. enabled skinning for more animated objects; which reduces Draw calls,
9. batched Autogen objects to reduce Draw calls,
10. optimized tree rendering to reduce SetTexture calls
11. coalesced shader state to reduce uploads to the card
12. fixed 3 FS8 AI aircraft in terms of Draw calls. This is the MD-80, Dash-8, and Cherokee. This is a >10x reduction. They are 25% of the worldwide air traffic DB so this can be significant.
Multi-core Performance Work
13. moved DEM loading to threads,
14. moved terrain texture synthesis ( the process itself is documented in Adams' "Global Terrain Technology for Flight sim paper at http://fsinsider.com/Community/Developers-...t+Simulator.htm, see the bit about the layers and texture synthesis ) to threads,
15. moved Autogen batch rebuilds to threads
Thatâ€™s 15 different work items. We were busy!
Alle Infos gibts hier: http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/