- Fix for a bug in the ORDER BY optimizer that was introduced in version 3.7.15 which would sometimes optimize out the sorting step when in fact the sort was required. Ticket a179fe7465
- Fix a long-standing bug in the CAST expression that would recognize UTF16 characters as digits even if their most-significant-byte was not zero. Ticket 689137afb6da41.
- Fix a bug in the NEAR operator of FTS3 when applied to subfields. Ticket 38b1ae018f.
- Fix a long-standing bug in the storage engine that would (very rarely) cause a spurious report of an SQLITE_CORRUPT error but which was otherwise harmless. Ticket 6bfb98dfc0c.
- The SQLITE_OMIT_MERGE_SORT option has been removed. The merge sorter is now a required component of SQLite.
- Fixed lots of spelling errors in the source-code comments